Friday, June 25, 2010

Business Trip

This morning began like every other morning. Me and the old man hanging out for a few minutes out on the balcony. Mommy asked what we were doing out there for 10 minutes this morning. Daddy said that he was teaching me everything that he knew about women. Mommy then asked what we talked about for the 9 minutes and 30 seconds that were left over. Mommy and I both think that she's funny. Daddy's not so sure.

Today was a special day because I had 2 very important meetings to take care of. The first one was with my case worker and the second one was with my attorney. Today was the day that we started phase 2 of the adoption process. The case worker and the attorney were now going to submit all the paperwork necessary to a judge here in Cali in order for him to declare this adoption final and legal. Then we go to Bogota for phase 3 (my dual citizenship visa and official name change) and then it's party time back in Miami.

But first things first.

I won't lie to you, I was a bit nervous because I had to go back to the place where I used to live before. But once I got there I relaxed because everyone was real happy to see me with my new Mommy and Daddy. All of my old friends are in the process of adopting parents too. Any day now guys... hang in there.




The case worker asked me a bunch of questions about my new Mommy and Daddy now that I've gotten a chance to spend a week with them. She wanted to know if I was happy with the experience and if there had been any surprises. I told her that I had not been informed about Mommy's new collection of gray hair and that Daddy's male pattern baldness was a bit of a shock once I met him in person... but if they were willing to deal with my pre-mature birth status and my athsma, it was all good.

The attorney was also a very nice lady who assured me that everything should go fairly quickly and that hopefully things would get resolved here in Cali within the next 2 weeks.

Mommy and I celebrated the good news with our, now, traditional Kissy Foot celebration.

I decided to take the folks out for a celebration dinner. So we got all dressed up and headed down to this little out of the way spot that I know a couple of blocks from the apartment.
The food was really good. Mommy had the chicken stuffed with mushrooms and Daddy had a steak.







I had a bottle of the finest the house had to offer. It was a full-bodied 2010 powder formula with an oatmeal/vanilla essence with just a hint of anti-reflux ingredients.






I am such a lightweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment