Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed!

They're here! They're here! They're here! They're here! They're here! Holy guacamole MY MAMI AND DADDY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... everybody calm down. Get a hold of yourselves. You're embarrassing me.

I know what you're thinking. How could he possibly know? He's stuck in a crib at the orphanage, with no means of transportation and a very limited wardrobe.

Well my friends, Colombian blood runs thick and it runs deep. We'll do almost anything for each other. I was talking to my next-crib neighbor G.G. (I call her G-Money)and it turns out that she knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who makes a living as a professional papparrazi. So I hit him up on my baby blackberry and asked him to do a little snooping around for me.

It seems that a certain couple recently booked a certain flight from Miami, Florida to Cali, Colombia on Thursday June 17th.

So I sent hjim to the Cali airport. Just to see what he could see.

And looky here... Guess who he found.

(click on pix for a closer look)






I don't care what anybody says... that's them arriving at the airport today. That's my new Mom and Dad. It has to be them! I just know it!

So I had my guy follow them and guess what? They did NOT check into a hotel like a regular tourist couple would. No sir, they went to an apartment building that rents out fully furnished units by the month!

Hmmm, now let's see... what takes a month to do in Colombia? Oh, that's right. Now I remember... FINALIZING ADOPTIONS!

They quickly changed clothes and headed out for a quick bite to eat... and my guy went right along with them. He snapped these shots at a little Arepa stand around the corner from the apartment building where they are staying.





Mmmmm. Let's take a closer look at what Daddy ordered.



That looks awesome. Boy if only I had a car, some money... and teeth!

So then I sent my guy to the apartment that they rented. You know... just to take a quick look around and see what he could find.







Nice kitchen. You guys think my new mami can cook?.... nah.

Bottom line folks is that they are here and it is on. It is on like Donkey Kong and nobody will ever be able to tell me any different. I know it's all rumors and theories right now but if I've learned one thing in my 11 months on this Earth it's that all rumors are based on 90% truth. Just look at Ricky Martin.

I know that Sunday is Father's Day, but I'm declaring Monday as Esteban Day. because that's the day I get my parents. That's the day I move in with them into that cool apartment. That's the day that I've been waiting for my whole life.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Esteban.... I have some "inside" info... Your mom can cook and she is the best at it... I'm following your blog... and I'm very exited about it. I can't wait... I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Word!!! Your blog is the best Esteban. Could you give my little G.G. a little hug & kiss (on the cheek of course :) & tell her that her mami & papi are coming very soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Esteban, your parents are very lucky to get adopted by such a clever little boy. I can't wait to read about Esteban Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esteban, can wait to meet you in person!!! You are one lucky kid, mami & papi are 2 amazing souls!!!

    btw "happy esteban day", I am sure it will be unforgettable!! can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esteban... no te preocupes que tu tio yaro ya aprendio a cocinar y te va a preparar una comidita mejor que la arepa que se comio tu papi... y tambien te esta esperando con ansias para ensenarte a bailar reggeaton!!! y tu Titi Grizy se muere por conocerte y ensenarte a decir algunas palabritas como por ejemplo Thank you!, You're welcome y JAJAJAJA!!! Ahh y Frida se muere por morderte los deditos de los pies... Y vas a conocer a Kokori y sus cinco gatitos!!!
    Estamos anciosos y la espera cada vez se hace mas larga... DIOS ESTA CON USTEDES EN CADA PASO QUE HAD DADO Y SON LOS MEJORES PADRES QUE CUALQUIER NINO PUDIERA DESEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EJ, we love you already and can't wait to welcome you to our family. You have a wonderful mom and dad to go home with. You will love your new home. How I wish I lived closer so I could visit you every day. Your Titi Sandy can't wait to hold you and introduce you to your cousin Niki and Uncle Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey kid I am super happy you are finally getting adopted!!! BUT you have a lot to learn about paparazzi pictures. If I were you I would get my money back. Those pictures are POSED!!!!! Dont let some two bit paparazzi tell you otherwise...PS I wouldnt put this past your mother she is always "producing" some kind of event like this. Congratulations from The Rodiguez Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete