Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

That's right sports fans! I had a couple of bad days there but today I woke up feeling a lot better and was back to my old self. You know... sleeping, pooping, eating but most of all... smiling.

Special thanks go out to all of Mommy and Daddy's friends out there who sent in suggestions and secrets on how to deal with the teething pain. It seems to me, however, that Mommy's friends know a lot more about caring for children than Daddy's friends. Some of his friend's suggestions varied from the absurd to the illegal.

Special side note to my anonymous uncle in Laredo who suggested letting me suck on a frozen chicken wing for a while. Um... Daddy says you're hilarious and Mommy says that you're not allowed in the house anymore.

The teething situation is still happening, but the cold compresses on my gums seem to have done the trick. A special note of thanks goes out to my Uncle Al Basulto who suggested allowing me to nosh on a damp, frozen hand towel. It seems that the cold and the biting action has a nice double effect on me as the cold helps to numb my mouth while the biting action masages my gums.

Mommy and Daddy took it one step further however and have me sucking on these all-natural, sugar-free fruit popsycles. They are so tasty that I never put up a fuss when it's time to do a gum treatment. Daddy says that that's the trouble with all of you Florida Gator boys. You're all heart... but zero imagination. All kidding aside uncle Al, Daddy says we owe you one.
I felt so good today that Mommy and Daddy took me shopping and bought me my first pair of shoes! I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in all of the pictures of me since I started this blog I'm in socks. The shoes that Mommy and Daddy brought for me are like 2 sizes too big. I know what you're thinking. Why does he need shoes when he can't even walk yet?
For the same reason that Stevie Wonder wears sunglasses, baby... Cause they make him look good.

So we went shopping at the mall and then we went back to the hospital so I could get the results of my vaccines. Apparently, I need to be completely vaccinated and checked out before I enter any airport in the United States. Well excuse me for living. After waiting around all day for the boss of the supervisor of the lady that had the key to the room with the files to come back from lunch, Daddy said that it would have been easier for us to just move to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. He says all I would need to pass a customs/immigration check there would be a crisp 20 dollar bill and a smile.

After our long day out (I was beat), we were on our way back to the apartment when I got a phone call from my attorney. It seems that things are moving a lot quicker than even she anticipated and we might be leaving Cali as early as Wednesday night of next week. That would put us in Bogota Thursday and Friday... and then home to Miami by Saturday.

Let me repeat that last part... There's a good chance that I'll be in my new home by next Saturday. Uh... that's only 7 days away. That's too soon, isn't it? I've been on this road for so long that I'm not sure if I'm ready now. What if I don't like it? What if the people in Miami don't like me. What if my room isn't ready?



Okay, um... nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment