Thursday, September 2, 2010

Party Time

This is what I looked like after my first official kids party. I gotta tell you, it's a lot of work. There's so much going on... I didn't know where to look. The food, the clown, the door prizes... it was all too much! But I loved it.

The party was a picnic celebration for a bunch of us kids who had adopted parents recently. It was great to hang out with a bunch of people who had so much in common with me. I danced, I laughed, I crawled... I even got to eat a piece of cake for the first time. I'm not sure if you people out there are in on this whole sugar thing but I think I like it. It tastes great and it gives you so much energy... just the other night I got a hold of a lollipop that Daddy left behind on the computer desk. It was so delicious and it even had a bubble gum center that I truely enjoyed. The only negative side effect to the whole experience is that after the lollipop I proceeded to play peek-a-boo with my own image in the mirror for 9 1/2hours.

But this day would not end up like that. No, this day would end up with me learning a little life lesson. You see, while I was with Mommy, Daddy and Abuelita having a good time at the party, there were a couple of people having a good time with Mommy and Daddy's car out in the parking lot. They broke the back window and snatched my Abuelita's purse from the back seat and immediately began running up bills on her credit cards.

It took 2 days for Abuelita to finally get everything straightened out. In the end, Abuelita said that there was no harm done. The window got replaced, her credit cards all got cancelled and she replaced her driver's license with her passport that she can use for identification. She decided to forgive the crooks for what they did. She said that forgiveness was the first step on the path to righteousness. Abuelita said that by forgiving them... she was teaching them humility by example. Daddy said that he had a couple of ideas on how to teach these delinquents that broke his car window a little humility... but he assured her that none of them involved forgiving them. Abuelita said that they should just agree to disagree.

Let me go, Mommy. I promise you I can do it! I know I can't walk yet.... BUT I CAN DANCE! I just know it!

See that kid back there pushing the stroller? I taught him that.

Esteban Joel, Boy Astronaut tries to remain calm after his father foolishly hands him off to the diabolical clown.

Look, Daddy. I know it's just a woman wearing some funny make up, a wig and a costume. But when you put them all together, they make a clown and that's when I start getting creeped out.

Uh... Aunt Rose.... Where are you looking? The camera is over here.

Oh what the heck, Aunt Rose. Look wherever you like. I don't care.

Hmmm... I don't know Mommy. Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of a deformed carrot or something...

I know... I was just telling Mommy. We don't know what it is... but we kinda like it. Weird.
Sippy cups are for babies and old people. And I, my friends, am niether.

Please allow me to direct your attention towards my 2 new teeth..... thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment